CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 7, 2011

Caramel Apple Pudding Cake

This recipe makes a really dense cake that sits in a puddle of caramel sauce when finished. I wasn't sure the original recipe would make much, so I made a double batch and baked it in a bundt pan. It turned out to be the perfect amount. I got the recipe from Cooks.com, and while it isn't the best cake I have ever had... I'd probably make it again. Update: I took this to work and my coworkers loved it. It was compared to bread pudding, and the consensus was that it should be served warm... with ice cream. : )


Ingredients:
1 C flour
2/3 C sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 tsp salt
Dash ground cloves
4 medium apples, peeled and diced
1/2 C pecans chopped
3/4 C brown sugar
1/4 C butter, melted
3/4 C boiling water
1/2 C milk

Directions:
In large bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and cloves. Add milk and mix. Stir in apples and pecans. Turn into ungreased 2 quart dish. In separate bowl combine brown sugar, melted butter and boiling water; pour evenly over batter. Bake at 375 degrees for 45-55 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream.

0 comments:

Post a Comment