CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 4, 2013

Chicken Spaghetti

This is a recipe my mother-in-law made, and I believe she got it out of the Texas Tech School of Nursing Cookbook (not sure what year, it's been a few.) I like it because it is simple, and my kids will actually eat it even though there are "green things" in it and it has a teeny bit of warmth to it from the green chilies. Very mild I must say. You could leave them out, but I think it gives it that little something extra that makes it taste good. You could also skip the onion and just use onion powder. I've done that many times. You can also leave out the bell pepper if you wish. I've seen recipes similar to this that use pimentos, so if your kids don't like green, maybe they'd like orange. ; ) The Velveeta, though, is an absolute must. Do not skip the Velveeta!



Ingredients:
12oz chicken breasts, cooked and diced (I use 1-2 breasts, or leftovers)
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 bell pepper, diced
1/2 small onion, diced
1 small can diced green chilies
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 lb Velveeta
1/2 tsp garlic powder
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 box cooked spaghetti (broken in 2 inch pieces dry)

Directions:
Saute bell pepper and onion in olive oil. When soft add green chilies, stir. Add soups, seasonings, and Velveeta cheese and cook over medium heat until bubbly and cheese is melted. Mix in cooked chicken. Pour over cooked spaghetti and toss until pasta is coated. Serve immediately, or place in 9x13 baking dish, top with parmesan cheese, and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment