CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Cuke Pickles

I found this recipe taped to the inside of my Grandma's cupboard when I was living at "the farm," many years after she passed away. I knew it had to be good if it was worthy of such prime real estate. It had been tucked away in my recipe stash for years, until this summer when I finally decided to try it. Mmm... childhood flashback. I knew they'd be good! Bread and butter pickles could always be found in Ruby Lou's fridge. And I'm glad I found the recipe, so now they can always be found in mine.
 

Ingredients:
7 C cucumbers, sliced
1 large onion, sliced
1 tsp celery seed
2 tbsp canning salt
1 C cider vinegar
2 C sugar
green pepper to taste

Directions:
Combine all ingredients. Pour mixture into a large jar or crock. Let stand in refrigerator 24 hours.

Thanks Grandma! Or maybe I should say Fern Glessing of Cokato, MN ; )

0 comments:

Post a Comment