CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Alfredo Sauce

I found this recipe on the internet about a year ago and I haven't looked back since. By far the best alfredo sauce I have ever had! *Disclaimer about the photo to my highschool FB friends: Yes, I copied it from the internet. I forgot to take one of the finished product. You get the point. It looks delish. It is delish. And it is real and tangible when you make it in your own home. ; ) The following demo pics are ones that I actually took...from my phone...with my left hand...

Ingredients:
4 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons flour
1 cup cream (or half & half, or milk)
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup shredded italian cheeses (mozzarella, romano, etc)
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons fresh or 1-2 tablespoons dried parsley
4-5 cloves garlic, minced
salt & pepper

Directions:
Melt butter and add flour. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly to cook flour.


Add cream and broth, slowly while stirring, and blend well.
(You might want to use a wisk).


Add the remaining ingredients and stir until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. (Room temperature cheese works best).


Pour over shrimp, chicken, or pasta.

I serve this with pasta & baked chicken. Cut two boneless skinless chicken breasts in half (to make 4 chicken breasts). Dip in melted butter. Coat with italian bread crumbs (or garlic herb, or plain w/salt & pepper, whatever flavor you have...) Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

YUM!


0 comments:

Post a Comment