CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Mexican Dip

My parents get credit for this delicious little snack. It's probably the only legume containing food I ever ate growing up. We would all gather around my dad on the floor as he read the newspaper and chow down. It didn't last long in a house of 5, and it doesn't last long now between my hubby & myself!


Ingredients:
1 can Refried Beans
8oz Jalapeno Dip*
8oz Avacado (or Guacamole) Dip*
1 Cup Shredded Cheese
Black Olives -optional
Tortilla Chips

*In ND, you can buy 8 oz containers of these dips. In TX, you cannot. It doesn't matter what brand it is, as long as you get the right flavor (jalapeno/avacado). I could only find them at Walmart, and they are 12oz containers. I used about half of each. Just eyeball it. ; )


Spread the refired beans evenly onto the bottom of 9x13 pan.
Mix the jalapeno and avacado dips together, and spread on top of refried beans.


Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of the dip. Use whatever kind you like. I use medium or sharp cheddar.


Now, add some sliced or diced black olives. My husband is a black olive-phobe, so I have to do half & half :) You could add onions, tomatoes, etc if you like. We just keep it simple.

Serve with tortilla chips ~ Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment