CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 5, 2011

Fried Corn Succotash

My husband and I went on our anniversary date a few weeks ago, and his meal came with some yummy roasted corn succotash. I had never had it before, but I liked the ingredients and it seemed easy enough to make. (Note: His did not have the typical lima beans you find in succotash, and I did NOT use lima beans in mine!) I'm not sure how they "roasted" it, but I improvised and fried it... in a pan... with lots of butter. : )

 
Ingredients:
1 small red onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 cans whole kernel corn, drained (or 2 pkgs frozen corn, warmed)
1/2 stick butter (or more)
Salt & Pepper to taste
Sprinkle of onion powder
Dash of garlic powder

Directions:
Saute red onion, green pepper, and red pepper in pan with butter until slightly soft. Add corn, salt & pepper, garlic, and onion powder; stir. Let it sit for several minutes until underside starts to brown. Stir & repeat browning process a couple times until corn is warm throughout.

 
 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment