CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Benil's Pancit

My friend Benil shared her pancit recipe with me at work the other night (the food version, and then the recipe) and it was delish. I've never really tried to make asian food before, except for a couple trials of fried rice that flopped, so I was thrilled when this one actually turned out! I also got to use my electric skillet for the first time since we were married (as my makeshift wok). Bonus! It makes a ton, so be prepared to eat leftovers for a couple days, or take it to work and share it with your friends. :)

 
Ingredients:
chicken breasts (I used 2)
4-5 cloves of garlic
1/2 large onion (I used yellow)
4 carrots
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
handful of green beans
1/2 large cabbage (I used 1/2 small)
2 pkgs rice noodles (I used 1 of rice vermicelli, broken)
1 Cup soy sauce
water
salt & pepper

Directions:
Chop vegetables into small pieces. Cut chicken into pieces and cook through. Set aside. Cook garlic for a minute or two until warmed, add remaining vegetables and cook until softened. (I used the lid on my electric skillet to trap the steam for more liquid and to cook the veggies a little faster.)

Prepare noodles as directed on package. (I boiled juice from vegetables (or some veg stock), 1 Cup soy sauce, and 2-3 cups water...then added the noodles as instructed by my friend Benil.) Drain.

Mix chicken, noodles, and vegetables together and reheat until chicken is warmed through.

We had frozen egg rolls and homemade sweet and sour sauce. Mmm! Enjoy

Thanks Benil!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment