CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Summer Squash Saute

When we had a garden a few years ago, and our squash plants were producing like crazy, I made this quite often to keep up with the crop. Yummy & easy, and you can serve it with almost anything. Slices of carrots take longer to cook than squash, so I use a carrot peeler to cut thin strips of carrot and then chop them into shorter pieces. You can add onion if you like. Onion powder works just the same in my opinion. I don't have specific measurements. I just wing it and cut up as much as I think we'll eat. And you can never have too much butter! ; )


Ingredients:
Squash
Zucchini
Carrots
Onion or Onion Powder (to taste)
Butter (to taste)
Salt & Pepper (to taste)

Directions:
Cut veggies into pieces. Melt butter in pan, add veggies and cook until tender (stirring often). Add salt, pepper, and onion powder to taste.

0 comments:

Post a Comment